WTB Legacy speed brakes and step

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). Please donate $2 (or any amount you wish) when listing an item. It is a small amount and will help pay for the servers.
Forum rules
Place WTB if you want to buy something in the heading. Put WTS for selling. When complete put SOLD or FOUND in the heading so we know it is complete. Include selling prices. You can always change the price. Please donate $2 (or whatever you wish) when placing a listing.

WTB Legacy speed brakes and step

Postby Jim Richmond » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am

We just purchased a 80% completed Legacy that is missing a few parts. We need a complete speed brake kit and a pull up step. Not currently interested in spending the big bucks on speed brakes from the manufacturer.
Jim Richmond
Legacy

Re: WTB Legacy speed brakes and step

Postby Adam Molny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:21 pm

You don't need speed brakes and I hear the retractable step is troublesome and breaks frequently. I flew for three years with cover plates over the speed brake pockets and had no difficulty managing descents. Before final paint I cut out the pockets and sealed the openings, gaining nearly a gallon of fuel storage per side.
Adam Molny
adam

Postby Jon Hadlich » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm

I’ve also heard the step it troublesome.
I hav3 one customer that carries a small foldable step for his wife. He loads her up and then brings the step with him. It only weighs a couple lbs.
Jon Hadlich
hadlich

Postby Charles Brown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Speed brakes: Fuggedaboudit. Adam speaks truly.

Air stair: The easiest way to board, for med-to-short persons, is to sit onto the leading edge of the wing, then stand on it. Taller people climb over the trailing edge and claim a minor victory.
Charley Brown --Legacy 299 -- N550KC
Charles Brown
rank-brown

Return to Classifieds