WTS: Landing Gear Safety Controller

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). Please donate $2 (or any amount you wish) when listing an item. It is a small amount and will help pay for the servers.
Forum rules
Place WTB if you want to buy something in the heading. Put WTS for selling. When complete put SOLD or FOUND in the heading so we know it is complete. Include selling prices. You can always change the price. Please donate $2 (or whatever you wish) when placing a listing.

WTS: Landing Gear Safety Controller

Postby Nidal Robb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Landing Gear Safety Controller is an advance air-safety switch. It prevents the gear from going up until a custom pilot-set speed is reached or passed. This solves the issue with those common mechanical air-speed switches that allow gear to retract after passing 45kt.

Furthermore, if enabled, the controller also auto-extend landing gear if another pilot-set speed is reached. This feature gets armed once 120kt is passed. A pin is available (for a switch) as override for certain times doing stall practices or air-show

See Wiring diagram and more information on our site. See how it operates in the video here (already set to start @ 0:51)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/-tNmR9_8u4I?t=51[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/-tNmR9_8u4I?t=51

All prices are changed starting Dec 1st. We will honor the old pricing for Lancair fleet throughout December and for every sale that comes in December, a $10 will be donated back to the forum.

Don't click Buy online, ask for the coupon first. http://www.EngineBridge.com
Last edited by Nidal Robb on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nidal Robb

Re: WTS: Landing Gear Safety Controller

Postby Jeff Edison » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 am

This is an interesting safety item. Has anyone with a IV type gear system, (that uses a physical valve to re-direct flow of the hydraulic fluid in order to lower the gear), done a mod that lowers the gear with a switch and relay? I don't want to change to a legacy reversible type system. Maybe I could just program betty to keep yelling louder and louder until she see's three green...
Jeff
Jeff Edison
IV-PT

Re: WTS: Landing Gear Safety Controller

Postby Nidal Robb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 am

That is an interesting option for the Safety Controller. Adding Audio capability to this board for those who only want audio alerts into their headset, with the trigger being the three greens if the electrical Gear Switch itself is not present!

Maybe someone used an electrical solenoid valve in parallel with the manual flow valve keeping it as a manual override?

Jeff Edison wrote:This is an interesting safety item. Has anyone with a IV type gear system, (that uses a physical valve to re-direct flow of the hydraulic fluid in order to lower the gear), done a mod that lowers the gear with a switch and relay? I don't want to change to a legacy reversible type system. Maybe I could just program betty to keep yelling louder and louder until she see's three green...
Jeff
Nidal Robb

Return to Classifieds