WTS: Landing Height Controller

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). Please donate $2 (or any amount you wish) when listing an item. It is a small amount and will help pay for the servers.
Forum rules
Place WTB if you want to buy something in the heading. Put WTS for selling. When complete put SOLD or FOUND in the heading so we know it is complete. Include selling prices. You can always change the price. Please donate $2 (or whatever you wish) when placing a listing.

WTS: Landing Height Controller

Postby Nidal Robb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Not for sale yet but 1 unit available at 50% off

Using a Garmin LIDAR, this controller announces landing height down to touchdown.

Garmin are sending us few units at a much lower price to allow us to increase our test phase installation. We are offering two units to RVs, two units to the canard community, and 2 or 3 units for Lancair. One unit is available (possibly two) @ $245 + shipping. This is including the Laser unit.

Unit will be replaced with a new hardware (free of charge) if circuit board needs an upgrade.

Controller needs to be installed within two weeks of receiving it. Photos of installation will be published on our site.

The landing video is now not a requirement but will be nice to have as Garmin interested to see it installed on different airplanes and being tested.

Nidal Robb

Re: WTS: Landing Height Controller

Postby Brian Thompson » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 pm

I’m in! Any install details? I have a hole in my fuselage belly already, curious if I can reuse it
Lancair Super ES - TN
Dual Garmin G3X Touch, GTN750/650
890hrs and counting...
Brian Thompson
estn

Postby Nidal Robb » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 am

:thumbs:

Here is the drawing showing dimensions. My installation photos are on the product page online. I will prepare Installation & Usage guide.

The package comes with the Garmin unit, Garmin special connector cable, and the controller box. Connection to the controller are the cables from the Garmin unit, +12v, GND and two wires to your audio input.

The two wire Audio output (Audio+ / Audio-) can connect directly to headset audio-in (audio jack) as well.

Brian Thompson wrote:I’m in! Any install details? I have a hole in my fuselage belly already, curious if I can reuse it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nidal Robb

Postby John Bohn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:40 am

I'm interested...just installed a completely new garmin G3X dual panel...please advise if they're still available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Bohn- N28487- Lancair 4P 1,100 hours
John Bohn
IV-P

Postby Nidal Robb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:04 am

John Bohn wrote:I'm interested...just installed a completely new garmin G3X dual panel...please advise if they're still available.

Nice. The two units for Lancair fleet already spoken for, I may take from other planes (RVs & Velocity) if not all of them taken within a week or so. Otherwise i will leave a note here when normal units will be offered. Thanks. Great looking panel :thumbs:
Nidal Robb

Postby Brian Thompson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Nidal, PM me and let me know, my airplane is going in for AC soon and we can get this put in the belly and wired no problem
Lancair Super ES - TN
Dual Garmin G3X Touch, GTN750/650
890hrs and counting...
Brian Thompson
estn

Postby Nidal Robb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:02 pm

I think in a 10 days time or so it will be clear how many RV's & Velocity want to participate and if not all units used then i can take from their lot. Too bad I already told Garmin how many units we want to use in the offer they made us. They actually rushed us and called just before the weekend asking for the quantity.

There is still time though, Garmin only sending the units after 10 days, and i am also going to redesign the board so there will be a Switch which will work for the gear extension. I am actually hoping to send them new videos with other planes towards the end of the month so they can allow us to purchase at this low price. They actually have no problem to offer us this price if we buy 100 at a time!

Thanks for the interest and i will get in touch once units available either from Garmin offer or from units purchased from the market.

Brian Thompson wrote:Nidal, PM me and let me know, my airplane is going in for AC soon and we can get this put in the belly and wired no problem
Nidal Robb

Postby Angier Ames » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Hello Nidal,

I'm interested, please contact me re your LHC.

Thanks
Angier Ames
Founder 360

Postby Nidal Robb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 pm

:thumbs:

Thanks

Angier Ames wrote:Hello Nidal,

I'm interested, please contact me re your LHC.

Thanks
Nidal Robb

Return to Classifieds