ES ESCO struts for sale

Parts for sale. Please contact admin for posting.

Moderator: LancairTalk Support

ES ESCO struts for sale

Postby Matt Candelaria » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:10 pm

I have two ESCO struts for the lancair ES for sale. The first one likley has some life in it. Its story:

When I got the ES this strut was on, When I landed in California after flying it from Atlanta, I noticed the nose wheel strut had a side bolt come loose and had kinda torn the nose wheel cover apart a bit. I did some fiberglass work to put it back together but I missed something. Specifically the top two screw holes had elongated a bit and it allowed a bit of play in the nosewheel cover. This caused a shimmy. I didn't realize this at the time though. I called Lancair and they kindly sold me a "new" strut. They said it was old stock. It didn't fix the shimmy so after research I realized the nose wheel cover was likely the problem. I just removed it.

So the first stut likely still works as is as a result. It has around 400 hours total time.

I decided I wanted the nose cover back on recently and when I put it on, the second "new" one from Lancair gave me a shimmy. It has about 200 hours on it. I decided enough is enough so I just got a new one from Risse since I am flush with cash these days. This second strut will need to be overhauled. If you got both struts and you know what you are doing, I am certain you can put together one good strut with the parts.
ESCO overhaul procedure doc:
011-0005 ESCO Strut Rebuild Procedures.doc
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 1 time

Strut 1- $2000
Strut 1 likely good to go. It has about 400 hours since new on it. It has been sitting around for the last 2 years and it was rebuilt around 4 years ago.
IMG_9661.jpg

IMG_9662.jpg

IMG_9663.jpg

Strut2- $1500
Strut 2 is going to need to be overhauled. It has 200 hours on it since new
IMG_9656.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

IMG_9659.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg
Matt Candelaria
ES_S_IO550