WTS, 235/320/360/Legacy Hydraulic Pump Controller

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

Re: WTS, 235/320/360/Legacy Hydraulic Pump Controller

Postby Chris Zavatson » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:23 pm

Eric,
The schematic has some connections that do not make sense. The standard relays have two small studs ‘S’ and ‘I’. The mounting bracket is connected to ground. The ‘S’ connection is power to the coil - and is connected to the pressure switches. Any lockout feature should be in these lines. The ‘I’ connection is connected to the output internally and is used as an indication that the pump is powered. For some reason the diagram has ‘in transit’ indication taken directly off the output studs.

Generically speaking, the hydraulic control board has the same connections and outputs as the relays. Power In, Power Out (one up, one down), ground, pressure switch signals in (up and down), and a transit output (indicates that with up or down circuit is being commanded. Given the identical functionality, any external functionality will work the same.

In the schematic, it looks like the gear minder is attached to the output indication of the relays. Is that how it is actually connected. I don’t see how the gear minder locks out the gear.
Chris Zavatson
N91CZ
L360-std
www.N91CZ.net
Chris Zavatson

Postby Eric Miller » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:46 pm

I took the Lancair schematic at it's word that the relay grounded from one of the studs, and didn't see/know about the relay grounding through the mounting bracket. In the schematic, the GearMinder interrupts the relay ground, preventing the relay from operating.

No worries, I'll just wire the GearMinder in the standard Airspeed switch location, between the gear switch and the high pressure switch, and use a relay to change the Active Low logic to Active High.
Eric
N9BF '95 IO-320 Mk I #771
Eric Miller

Postby Chris Zavatson » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:56 pm

Eric Miller wrote:
No worries, I'll just wire the GearMinder in the standard Airspeed switch location, between the gear switch and the high pressure switch, and use a relay to change the Active Low logic to Active High.

Eric,
That would be the appropriate place to put such functionality.
Chris Zavatson
N91CZ
L360-std
www.N91CZ.net
Chris Zavatson

Previous

Return to Classifieds