WTB GNS430 comm board

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTB GNS430 comm board

Postby J Wales » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 pm

The xmit fails on my 430w after 30-45 mins of use, receive remains normal. I’m trying to avoid sending the unit back to Garmin and dropping $1200-$1500 bucks. Anyone?
J Wales

Re: WTB GNS430 comm board

Postby Paul Miller » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Options:
1) Take shorter flights.
2) Sell it for $6700 like I did and buy something better
3) find a bigger fan (easy, cheap) and make sure you have one that is working now (easiest fix I think).
4) Put a $5 temp probe on the case and measure the rise.
What do you need for your Lancair Build or maintenance? Talk here.
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Bob Fidler » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 am

I have a brand new 430 nonwaas never been used. I purchased this summer as a part of a almost finished 360 kit. I fired it up last week in my next door neighbors RV9 and it worked flawlessly. I am trying to get $4500. Comes with the mounting tray, no antennas.
Bob Fidler

Postby J Wales » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:23 am

Paul,
I can always count on you to liven the mood! I’ll bet you’re a barrel of laughs as a crew member! I used to fly with a fellow who had a way of making even the tough trips a lot of fun.

I am considering replacing the avionics cooling fan as it has become quite noisy and likely has impending bearing failure. I was also considering ducting cabin vent air up to it but I can’t locate any 1” “y” tubing to use with the scat hose that supplys the cabin air.
J Wales

Postby Paul Miller » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:05 am

I think the best solution for this is a separate cooling fan (not ducted to outside air). There are lot of them and you just need the connection direct to the back of the GNS with the scat hose. Garmins should run cool on the face, I bet you are not getting enough air. It could be a simple fix. The "icebox" avionics fans are just simple fans but they have that output port that is easy to connect scat to. I'd go that route and just fix the fan before the GNS gets trashed. Working, that box is worth close to $7k as a WAAS unit so it has a lot of value (working). Send pictures!
What do you need for your Lancair Build or maintenance? Talk here.
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby J Wales » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Paul, I took your advice and ordered a second avionics cooling fan. I’ll let you know how it turns out, thanks!
J Wales

Return to Classifieds