WTB: Garmin Flightstream 210

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTB: Garmin Flightstream 210

Postby Danny Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:12 am

I really want one of these but the best price I've seen is $975 new. Granted, it's a very cool tool but that just seems extreme to me. If anybody has one used you no longer need, ping me.
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Re: WTB: Garmin Flightstream 210

Postby Paul Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 am

one just went (new) VAF for $800+. Lots people are swapping 210 for the 510 so they are being sold.
What do you need for your Lancair Build or maintenance? Talk here.
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Danny Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:47 pm

My understanding is the 510 doesn't work on a 430 or 530; only the 650 & 750.
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Postby Paul Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm

if you have the GNS and 210 I think you will be happy. We use that on the TBM with GNS430W/530W and i can upload the flight plans instantly and also display all the ADS-B stuff on the ipad like traffic, moving map, flight plan etc. But Connext bluetooth capability is embedded in G3X so you don't need a Flightstream if you have now, or getting, a G3X panel.
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Danny Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Paul Miller wrote:if you have the GNS and 210 I think you will be happy.

Yes, I think so too.
We use that on the TBM with GNS430W/530W and i can upload the flight plans instantly and also display all the ADS-B stuff on the ipad like traffic, moving map, flight plan etc. But Connext bluetooth capability is embedded in G3X so you don't need a Flightstream if you have now, or getting, a G3X panel.

OK, run that by me again. I have the G3X Touch. Are you telling me my flight plans that I load into the G3X from an SD card will automatically load into the GNS430W too ... without using a Flightstream?
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Postby Paul Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:41 pm

G3X has bluetooth connext. So, no SD card. Just upload from your ipad from Garmin Pilot or (soon fltplan.com I'm sure). If your GN430W is connected to your panel as the IFR navigator then my understanding is the flight plan data is G3X <==> 430W. It is on my GTN as I wired it and Garmin says so here and that is 3 years old. It probably does much more now.
Attachments
2018-11-06 14_39_33-Garmin G3X Touch Now Supports Connext Wireless Cockpit Connectivity _ Garmin New.png
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Danny Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:57 pm

OK, I have to give it a try with Foreflight & Garmin Pilot. I have both and I know they're all integrated.
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Postby Paul Miller » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:18 pm

this is the typical serial link from the GDU into the GNS.
Attachments
2018-11-06 19_13_15-(G3X)190-01115-01_AF.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Craig Spirko » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I nearly bought a Flight Stream for my Garmin Navigator, but was told it was necessary by better avionics installers than I:

If you wire the avionics correctly, (I missed a pin on my first try) you pair your iPad via Bluetooth to the G3X Touch (GDU4xx) and if you configured the G3X FPL Source to "Internal," the flight plans from Foreflight or Garmin Pilot will load onto the G3X Touch. If you configured the G3X FPL Source to "External," the flight plans will load onto your GNS (I hope, that's how it works with a GTN 650) which is how you'll want it for flying IFR. There's an addition step when importing to the Navigator, you get an alert and have to accept the flight plan import on the GTN. You will still see the flight plans on your G3X Touch screen if you've loaded them into your Navigator.

If this all works differently on a GNS, my apologies.

I don't fly an RV, but I've found the best help for installation and configuration of Garmin G3X on vansairforce.com. Also, emails to G3Xpert@garmin.com get answered within a day.

-Craig
Craig Spirko
Legacy

Return to Classifieds