LancairTalk is now an AircraftSpruce dealer

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

LancairTalk is now an AircraftSpruce dealer

Postby admin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:49 am

Exciting news! LancairTalk is now approved as a AircraftSpruce dealer. This means that wherever you are, you can submit your goody list of parts, avionics, materials and anything that ACS carries. You will have a dedicated person who will not only get the order processed but we'll price match and pass along as much discount as allowed. LancairTalk can deliver to Canada and US easily and we can process orders for any of the users overseas also. If you buy from a stocking dealer in Europe or Australia, check here first because we can check ACS dealer pricing and inventory directly and you might save money with shipping included.

This latest announcement is part of realigning how this site works for owners and users. For so many years we have combined our buying power and watched everyone outside the community supply benefit from our work and purchases. And the results were mixed depending on your location and order size. Why not use that power we have benefit the community and add features to our site at the same time?

Today, from AircraftSpruce's President to LancairTalk:
Welcome!

Thank you for signing up for the Aircraft Spruce Dealer Discount
program.

We want Aircraft Spruce to be your first choice for all of the aircraft parts
and pilot supplies you need to run your business. Aircraft Spruce will meet
or beat any competitor's current price on any product we carry. If you find
that we do not have the lowest price on any product you need, just let us know
and we will adjust our price immediately. If you find a lower price after you
have ordered from us, let us know and we will credit you the difference.

Count on Aircraft Spruce as your best source for aircraft parts, avionics,
and pilot supplies. We look forward to serving you soon.

Jim Irwin
President
Aircraft Spruce

Jim wrote and told us about the free shipping for larger orders, discounts for large orders and other cool things that we should be sharing in our community. LancairTalk should be very competitive with the brick and mortar outfits so try it out. We run a pretty lean ship here. Being efficient and saving money is part of what the Lancair community is all about. If you have an order you can PM admin or email anytime. You can skype or call or facetime also. Who does that today?

If you have an idea for a group purchase (say, 10 CO detectors, for example) then pass it along and let's swing a bigger deal with ACS. We can put together hardware kits we use, annual condition kits and more. You can maintain your Wish Lists and pass them along once they get complete.

One thing is for sure--it is going to be really simple to ask for a price and get a reply right away and it won't cost $5 to look up a part. :no:
Trouble with photos or login or passwords or avatars or anything, you can PM or email or simply call. you can use text and skype also.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Re: LancairTalk is now an AircraftSpruce dealer

Postby J Wales » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Great work Paul, thanks for your tireless efforts to improve the community!
J Wales

Postby admin » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Thanks Victor. If you or anyone has a wish list at Spruce, just send it along and buy it through LancairTalk. It gets delivered by Spruce and nothing changes except we get to push our buying power to good suppliers and pocket some benefits to pay for some changes this year.

We may not make much or save much for owners initially but it is better than asking for donations and the site philosophy is "pay for performance". Don't ask for money if you are not giving something of value. We started with classifieds and that has worked well, probably 2-3 dozen aircraft and kits sold over the last few years.

Compare that with buying four engine mounts from Aircraft Spruce which would cover a month of server expense or a few hours of programming from my admin guy. And we have EarthX and more coming.

It is time to organize some great parts and products we use and not be held to deal with crap customer service or unreasonable prices or delays. If someone here has done the research to find a product or build a product then we should have a parts place to make that easily available and make that benefit available going forward. Look it up, push a button, pay and get the stuff delivered.

For now, if anyone has a bunch of stuff for EarthX or Aircraft Spruce, consider passing your purchase through here. It won't cost more and it will support the site. Soon, we'll have the proper payment gateway for everyone in each currency.

Let's have a great year and there is more news coming. I predict things will get busy and better. Just a few things to work out!
_blank
Trouble with photos or login or passwords or avatars or anything, you can PM or email or simply call. you can use text and skype also.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Postby Paul DeBusschere » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:17 pm

Any group interest in Uavionix ADS-b tailbeacon? I need one to get me by until I can get something in the 1090 spectrum.
Paul DeBusschere
IV-PT

Postby admin » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:00 pm

There is a small benefit to the site for that Uavionix experimental unit, definitely would be a nice purchase to work. LancairTalk needs to show a certain level of orders to maintain the relationship with AircraftSpruce. The discounts are pretty slim and we're not any size for ACS but the company is great, they have terrific systems in place and the family-run group is very responsive. The objective is to send as much to them as possible and benefit everyone, even if it slim. Often it comes down to service and shipping and not getting hassled when you are just trying to find a part you need.

The Uavionix is currently not in stock but expected within a week. If you want one or anything else just PM admin.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Postby admin » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:06 pm

For our friends in USA, Canada, Australia, Europe: We have set up the ability to process your orders and accept payments in your preferred currency using Transferwise. We've used this in a lot of avionics transactions is it works perfectly and is about 10% of the cost of using PayPal and banks to work in USD.

Transferwise is international and inexpensive and cuts out PayPal and bank exchange fees. Instead of wiring funds they use their own pools of currency to offset transactions. It is regulated in all the above countries and beats the snot out of PayPal for fees.

The savings are typically 3% compared to PayPal for folks who normally convert into USD for products. You should see huge savings since transferwise uses the mid-point of exchange rates. LancairTalk will quote you in your preferred currency at mid-point and that is way cheaper than paying USD by credit card.

For US users LancairTalk will provide a USD ACH routing number, wire routing number and SWIFT/BIC.

For Canada dollar user LancairTalk can accept e-transfer, interac or wire or cheque in CDN$.

For Australia, we have an account and BSB you can deposit into and get mid-market exchange rates.

For Euro payers, we have IBAN and SWIFT/BIC at mid-market rates.

If there are any Pound Sterling users we can do the same.

For larger purchases, mid-market exchange saves a whack of money. :thumbs:
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:12 pm

We are moving along! EarthX battery orders have now been shipped and Aircraft Spruce orders have been shipped. Thank you for your support. You have the choice of ordering direct but when you order through LancairTalk you are enabling us to add services and avoid the mess of advertising. LancairTalk is in the business of sharing information for builders and owners and pilots. We want to support all of the good companies who give us great service. Choosing to order through LancairTalk is one way you can help.

Keep the orders coming! PM admin anytime for more information/quotes or questions.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Just a reminder that our program to take orders for EarthX and AircraftSpruce is working well. We've delivered batteries, hardware, avionics and a lot of other things. Some of the items don't have a commission but I'm happy to place the order and meet our volume commitments for the year.

Additionally, if you are placing an order for Garmin avionics and are doing your own install, LancairTalk has a number of Garmin dealers who are willing to bid on your purchase. We've been able to save thousands of dollars on full panel orders over what is quoted by the larger dealers and even more than AircraftSpruce will discount in writing. If you are ready to buy, get your parts list and best price and contact admin and be ready to save some money.

We'll have more announcements later and links on the site are coming.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Postby Tom Sullivan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:21 am

Paul,

How do we place a Spruce order? Can it be through their site or do we need to do it through you to get LT the credit?

Tom
Tom Sullivan
sullivan2

Postby admin » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 am

Tom: I place the order. The LancairTalk login is a "dealer login" with discounts that show. I would prefer to give you a code but that isn't the setup today. You could send me a screenshot of your wish list or order page and I just copy the part numbers into my order page. I need shipping address, phone number and I like to confirm the order with you before placing and describe payment. Everything else is the same as if you ordered, it goes from Spruce to you directly. My free shipping starts at $250 and my volume discounts would kick in for a group buy of many items. Thanks. Send me a PM if you wish to see the quote.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Next

Return to Classifieds