Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-Ordering 10 batteries!

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-Ordering 10 batteries!

Postby admin » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:46 pm

LancairTalk is a dealer for EarthX. Orders are being sent weekly from owners here so let's try and get some more discount by accumulating 10 units. If you wish to get on board for the next purchase please reply here or send a PM to admin with the type and number. No commitment is required until we get the 10+ batteries and then you can go forward at that time or not. They are not the cheapest battery but they are certainly lightweight. Shipping in virtually all scenarios will be free (LancairTalk pays from the dealer commission). Quotes have already been obtained for US, Canada and Europe so shipping costs are available.

Orders so far:
Tom S. ETX900-24 2ea (looks like the photo attached)
Marv W ETX-900-24 (2ea) (tenative)
Tom Mc ETX680C (2ea) + charger
BobF ETX680 Quantity (1)
David S ETX1200? Quantity (1)
BillR ETX104 (1 battery)
ClaudeP ETX680C (1 battery)
This order is now complete.
Attachments
dual ETX900-24 batteries.png
Last edited by admin on Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 am, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: numbers
admin

Re: Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-6 to go

Postby Ken Rice » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:40 pm

I’m in for 1 ETX1200.[added--admin]
Last edited by admin on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added to list
Ken Rice
LegacyRG

Re: Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-5 to go

Postby Tom McNerney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:49 am

I'll need 2 ETX680C's for my customers 360 project.

Also a LIFEPO4 Battery Charger, if that counts towards the deal..
https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/optima ... ry-charger

Thanks

[added to list, including charger--admin]
Last edited by admin on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added list
Tom McNerney

Re: Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-5 to go

Postby Ken Rice » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:29 am

What are the prices for these batteries and what kind of discount are we talking about? I need my battery now, not sure I want to wait.
Ken Rice
LegacyRG

Re: Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-3 to go

Postby admin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:58 am

There are benefits for single orders. it depends on the battery. All the accessories are covered by the dealership arrange LancairTalk has with EarthX so anything can be ordered. if you want a single item now Ken just contact admin on PM or email and it gets shipped same day.

This topic is for 10 or more batteries and it looks like we have 7 or 8 with Ken. When we place an order for 10 or more there is a better pricing for the 10 than single orders.

Sending a PM to Ken directly now. Thank you for supporting the site with your order(s). It has been a busy week getting quotes for avionics, batteries and Aircraft Spruce order and some other parts. It just shows the potential size of this group's buying power and how it can be used to benefit everyone if harnessed efficiently.
admin

Re: Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-4 to go

Postby admin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm

We still need 4 more batteries for the next group order. We processed Ken's today and it was shipped immediately. Ken saved almost $80 with discount and free shipping and LancairTalk earned about one month of server and sysadmin costs. Win-win.
admin

Postby Tom Sullivan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm

I’m back from Spruce Creek now and would like those two batteries , but can wait a while for the group buy to reach 10. Come on guys, support our forum and admin. Let’s see if we can reach 10!

Tom
Tom Sullivan
sullivan2

Postby Mark Sletten » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:53 am

Gang,

I replaced two +5-year-old Odyssey batteries with two new ETX680 EarthX units. According to the specs, the Odyssey batteries were generating around 300 CCA total (when new). The EarthX batteries provide just under 600 CCA, and added 16 pounds to my useful load. Modification to my battery rack involved two pieces of plywood to take up space left by the smaller EarthX batteries (I'll modify the racks at the first condition inspection). I added two indicator lights on the panel connected to each battery's discreet fault monitoring output. EarthX batteries incorporate a battery management system which protects them from over-discharge, over-charge, and short circuit. The fault monitoring system provides the pilot indication if any of these conditions occur/exist.

The difference in performance is startling. Engine start used to be a bit frustrating, requiring several seconds of cranking. Not anymore! Now the engine spins smartly, and fires off within a single revolution.

Acquisition cost is high, but if you plan on keeping your plane for at least ten years you'll easily make it up. I'm guessing I'll save even more considering the lower wear on my starter adapter.
Mark Sletten
LegacyFG

Postby Bob Fidler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 am

Please add ETX680 Quantity (1)
Bob Fidler
Bob Fidler

Re: Group Purchase EarthX Batteries-3 to go

Postby admin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Bob, thanks, 3 to go.
admin

Next