Group Purchase Garmin Experimental Avionics $100,000

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

Group Purchase Garmin Experimental Avionics $100,000

Postby admin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:02 am

July 2, 2020: $50,000 received. $50,000 to go. Details coming soon.

This is a new program. Dealers are waiting for our orders to quote. If you have a wishlist please PM admin with part numbers, quantity, timing and any conditions that we need to know about. You will have to supply a registration number for an experimental aircraft that your order is destined for.

Currently: Total is roughly $50,000. Details are being processed now. We need another $50,000 to proceed to the first quote and order placement. Details are here including an order worksheet.
Trouble with photos or login or passwords or avatars or anything, you can PM or email or simply call. you can use text and skype also.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Re: Group Purchase Garmin Experimental Avionics $100,000

Postby Erno Ovari » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:24 pm

I sent an email to Sales@Lancairtalk.net with an order a few days ago. No answer. If so, I believe you are missing a lot of orders.
Erno Ovari

Location: FAA:U42 South valley - South of Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:41 am

Hi Erno, no, nothing missed that I know of. Since this started earlier in 2020 I've handled about a dozen requests but most has been inquiry only. I see your list so I'm answering you directly this weekend. I don't think anything has been missed.

It isn't an easy process. 9 of 10 inquiries are not ready to spend money. 4 of 5 dealers won't quote anything useful. 2 of 3 quoting dealers won't follow up with real quotes. 2 of 5 buyers demand dealer details before sending the money then they go buy direct.

It is a learning experience but it will get sorted. Research says there is enough benefit to pursue these larger organized purchases. :thumbs:
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Jake Wolfe » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Big thanks to LancairTalk Sales for coming through with absolutely unbeatable Garmin pricing. This saved me about $4k over anyone else out there, zero hassle, had my stuff in less than a week.
Attachments
20201210_182020.jpg
Jake Wolfe
IV-P

Postby Erno Ovari » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:25 pm

Good for you. My request was probably too small, I never received an offer. I don't blame anyone, however. I run a business, too and hate small orders, too. They are more hassle than worth.
Erno Ovari

Postby Jake Wolfe » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Erno Ovari wrote:Good for you. My request was probably too small, I never received an offer. I don't blame anyone, however. I run a business, too and hate small orders, too. They are more hassle than worth.

Pretty sure you can do small orders now that everything is established...
Jake Wolfe
IV-P

Postby Erno Ovari » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Jake Wolfe wrote:...Pretty sure you can do small orders now that everything is established...

Great. Next time when I plan to spend $40,000 (my small order) I'll think about it first.
Erno Ovari

Postby admin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Erno Ovari wrote:My request was probably too small, I never received an offer.
Erno, sorry there wasn't a deal out there for your Garmin purchase. The news has been out there since last last summer. Jake was the first who actually sent money and committed to a firm order. Most people just want to shop and compare and that consumes a ton of time. If you have an order, PM what you want, send the dough and wait for it to show up. Simple. I would estimate Jake saved over 10% compared to retail alternatives so you really missed out with a $40k order. Next time send a PM with your parts list. LancairTalk can do the propeller and probably the engine next time also. If you don't ask, you don't get.
Trouble with photos or login or passwords or avatars or anything, you can PM or email or simply call. you can use text and skype also.
USA 406-873-8311
Canada 587-432-7536
admin

Postby Erno Ovari » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:35 pm

You are funny!

I sent you a request with the list I wanted with dough in hand, twice. I would have sent the dough, but how much and to where and for what? You never sent me a quote. I am not complaining, you must have been busy with selling Lancairs and airplanes with non retractable landing gears. Given that, I am now reluctant to send any dough to anywhere because, you know, if you don't send me a quote and hence I don't know how much I will end up paying for what products, how would I know how much dough do I need to send and to where? How do you expect this business to roll? I might be too old school needing a quote first, knowing what I am buying. I am willing to learn though.

Just reading your answer again, Jake must be sitting on a shit load of money (pardon my Russian) if he just sends off thousands of dollars without knowing to where and to whom and what parts he will get for and how much end effect he will end up paying.

I will not do that!

The same applies for engines and propellers. I hope that one day I will sit on a bunch of money (to avoid the Russian language here again) but I will never, ever consider sending off money to Santa and hope something I wish for comes back.

Too much explanation...? :smile: (<- I've put a smiley face here so you know where this conversation is heading, Santa)
Erno Ovari

Postby Jake Wolfe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Erno, escrow is available and it doesn't have to be a huge order. If I was rich I certainly wouldn't care about finding the best deal possible, nor would I be doing 100% of the work myself.
Jake Wolfe
IV-P

Next

Return to Classifieds