WTS: IV-PT Walter M601D G900X Ready to Paint and go

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTS: IV-PT Walter M601D G900X Ready to Paint and go

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:08 am

LancairTalk is the exclusive broker for this carbon fast build IV-PT. The kit is s/n 425 and is currently at Brad Simmons' Airframes Inc shop in Milan, TN. The owner has more than $400k into the project and it needs an estimated 100 hours of work, paint and final testing of everything before flight testing commences.

The panel is a G900X created by David Buckwalter, Avionics Systems. The Walter M601D has 1500TT and 0 since IRAN by DIEMECH Turbines in Deland. The Avia V508 propeller has 3 new blades and the hub was overhauled by Diemech.

A gorgeous new leather interior was recently fitted by Rusty Black Interiors in Alabama, The wings are off and ready for transport and paint. All fuselage fittings and wiring is installed. The project includes RDD's Airframe Ice Protection system with heated leading edges. The wiring for the leading edge heating is installed. Fuel is augmented with a belly tank, baggage tank and the wings have been re-opened to allow extra fuel for approximately 160g. A remote fuel filler is installed. Air Conditioning is installed. Brad has finished the aircraft to his highest standards and it is ready for someone to pick a paint scheme, move it out and attach the wings and start testing everything.

We have Brad's estimates of work needed to complete the project, all the invoices, logs, build manuals and Bills of Sale from Lancair to the present owner. The PDF attached should give an overview of the plane but ask your questions and we'll get answers.

I'm going down to Brad's shop soon and inventory everything that will be for sale with detailed images. At this time, everything is wrapped and protected. Inspection will take place in Milan, TN by appointment (Brad is very busy).

For LancairTalk members only Seller will credit for an insured transporter to move the project to the buyer's destination (domestic US) and we'll work with you on a similar credit if it travels outside the US. Thanks to Richard Kazmarek for that recommendation. Thanks to David Buckwalter for updating me on the panel specifications and G900X capabilities. Thanks to Laurie in Australia for providing background on the IV-PT and Marv K at Diemech (LML founder) for all the IRAN specs and Avia Prop details. Thanks to Brad for organizing everything in Milan and all the work that went into this IV-PT. I think that's a pretty cool team to work on a Lancair. Someone will get a beast of an airplane.

Thanks to Brad for reaching out to LancairTalk and to the owner for trusting us and our group to help get his project into capable hands for completion. You can PM admin or email or reply to this topic with questions.

This IV-PT is registered with the FAA as N351PT. Call for latest pricing updates. Everything is subject to verification and inspection. The sale is as-is, where-is with no warranty implied or expressed. E&OE.

For more information please contact Paul Miller at 406-873-8311 (US) or in Canada at 587-432-7536, skype pjdmiller or PM or email using the links under the admin profile to the right.
Last edited by admin on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed typos in the Walter description, contact data, delete brochure, update price
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
UK: +44 113 328 0603
email sales@lancairtalk.net
LancairTalk Sales

Re: WTS: IV-PT Walter 601D G900X Ready to Paint and go

Postby Jeff Edison » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:32 am

Looks like a beautiful plane.
I hope the buyer will contact LOBO to get safety statistics on the IV-PT and sign up for the appropriate training. To me, the IV-PT is the ultimate Lancair ever built- fast, smooth and super sexy plane. I may be biased. Flown properly, it will provide years of fantastic, unparalleled service.
Please encourage the buyer to get proper training.
Jeff Edison
IV-PT

Re: WTS: IV-PT Walter M601D G900X Ready to Paint and go

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 am

I hope the buyer will contact LOBO
Jeff, LancairTalk will give the buyer a subscription to LOBO to encourage membership.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Jeff Edison » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:11 am

admin wrote:
Jeff, LancairTalk will give the buyer a subscription to LOBO to encourage membership.

Thank you, Paul!
Jeff Edison
IV-PT

Postby Donald Sak » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 am

Jeff Edison wrote:
admin wrote:

Thank you, Paul!

You can confirm this with the LOBO board, they used to give out the first year membership to new Lancair owners.
Don Sak
Evolution N675DS
Sarasota, Florida KSRQ
Pontiac, Michigan KPTK
Donald Sak
Evolution

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 am

they used to give out the first year membership
Dang, Don, I thought I could get away with giving away a freebee. Now, I have to donate 2 years. :D
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Donald Sak » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:30 am

admin wrote:
they used to give out the first year membership
Dang, Don, I thought I could get away with giving away a freebee. Now, I have to donate 2 years. :D

Paul,

Being administrator of the LancairTalk is donation enough for all of us. No need to add $$$$ :thumbs:
Don Sak
Evolution N675DS
Sarasota, Florida KSRQ
Pontiac, Michigan KPTK
Donald Sak
Evolution

Postby Mark Sletten » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:46 am

Donald Sak wrote:Paul,

Being administrator of the LancairTalk is donation enough for all of us. No need to add $$$$ :thumbs:

Seconded!
Mark Sletten
LegacyFG

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:03 pm

This IV-PT almost-completed airplane is still available for a sophisticated buyer to complete, test, fly, paint and go fast. During the last month we've researched a lot of information for completion including the people who can help get you flying. I will post some pictures here of the kit as it sits.

Completing this IV-PT Walter airplane will be an exciting project so give me a call to figure out details and gather the team to help make it happen quickly. Here are just a few of the 150 pictures of the project. Most of the work has been completed at Brad's shop. The firewall forward package is a Diemech Turbines solution with the Cook header tank and fuel mod to pull fuel from the left wing. A ton of options and fuel is built in already. Belly tank, baggage fuel, enlarged wing fuel tanks.

Somebody is going to get a great deal on a fast Lancair. You can call me anytime to chat.
Attachments
IMG_8075.JPG
Current shot from my visit Aug 2020
IMG_8076.JPG
IMG_8077.JPG
IMG_8078.JPG
IMG_8079.JPG
C4655568C04544558FEBE05066840F57.jpg
Brad completed the wings including wiring for the heated leading edges. They need to be mated, hooked up, tested and flown.
5DFF57FFA20848E19F5731B6FE55460C.jpg
Here is the aux fuel filler port. The baggage tank has been installed.
451PT-panel.jpg
N351PT-loading.jpg
N351PT-wings.jpg
N351PT-wings.jpg (13.78 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
2020-08-02 09_51_31-721CF1B5A2404BEABA378142A25004EE.jpg
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:16 pm

There are a lot of calls on this project and the airframe has a lot of features like long range fuel, AC and completion to date at Brad's shop. Much has been done, most of the money has been spent but it isn't flying yet and a lot of people are hesitant to actually get involved with completion and testing and all the things that are needed. It isn't a project for a novice.

But, I have spoken to an individual who has built award winning aircraft with Brad and has experience in completion and avionics and stunning paint designs and wants to help build this for an end-user. But, the "catalyst" tells me it needs a new state-of-the-art G3X panel, a beautiful paint scheme and the right team to complete it. He has the experience but is not the person who will eventually fly it. We went through the numbers and it is a terrific value as it stands now and it needs someone who wants this new, custom finished IV-PT, properly inspected and built and tested. That end user can spec paint and the panel and the final touches and not worry as much about the road to completion--except the money of course.

If you've been hesitant to get involved to complete this project but want to be the end-buyer then contact me about possibly teaming up with and acquiring the project with an experienced award-winning Lancair builder. It's an opportunity worth discussing.
Attachments
2020-09-21 15_18_03-Window.png
my shots from visiting the project
2020-09-21 15_18_52-Window.png
my shots from visiting the project
LancairTalk Sales

Next