WTS: IV-PT Walter M601D G900X Ready to Paint and go

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

Re: WTS: IV-PT Walter M601D G900X Ready to Paint and go

Postby George Wehrung » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 pm

would like to see more pics head on, the engine compartment, the complete interior, etc.

thank you
George Wehrung
Founder-es

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:41 pm

Here are some photos, a few are dated but it covers a lot. The interior is new but currently out for final assembly. the avionics are in storage. Let me know if you need more. I have some of the Avia blades and hub pickled.
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Postby George Wehrung » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Thanks!that was exactly what i wanted to see. Very nice kit. How much is it going to cost to overhaul the FCU and inspect engine?
George Wehrung
Founder-es

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Those are issues for inspection. I spoke to marv at Diemech and a new fcu is 20k but status is unknown to me. it could be pickled or not. The general feeling is to get Quentin to take a look and go from there. I have one possible client who wants to sell the panel as-is and go with a new G3X. Expensive but someone might want a new G900X panel and get a deal. Buckwalter built and tested it and it just needs ADSB in.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:04 pm

The reality George is that nobody on the ground at this time can make a determination because it is going to be wrong whatever anyone says. The seller and I want everyone to go away happy and have a terrific deal on an airplane that needs someone to take over the completion.

The idea of inspection is to get a party to put a refundable minimal deposit (10k) into escrow. Take a few weeks to do all the due diligence and tests and inspections and either buy it or walk away and get the deposit back. That's the only way to deal with the unknowns. We have experienced people here like yourself and others who can fly, teach, inspect, fix, assemble and paint so anyone who buys this will probably have the best team possible within easy reach.

I'm sticking my arm up for a ride as part of the deal whenever that happens.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby George Wehrung » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:54 am

It will be a neat plane once she is up and fly or sure. I have a small interest but really have to get mine back together plus I have been waiting on insurance quotes. Then I have to convince my better half it’s a good idea.
George Wehrung
Founder-es

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 am

This IV-PT has a fully working new G900X dual unit panel with fully functioning pressurization controls, winglets, new interior and more. There have been lots of questions. Can I sell the new panel for, say, $30,000 or the new interior for $15,000 or can I replace the winglets with the Grove design. I don't know all the answers but the solution is to make an offer and deposit and perform due diligence and see if the numbers work.

If you are interested in seeing what this might look like with a new G3X stat-of-the art panel, contemporary interior, new paint job and Brad's workmanship then I would be thinking about doing something today to get the chance to run all the numbers and details.
Attachments
IMG_8079.JPG
IMG_8078.JPG
IMG_8077.JPG
IMG_8076.JPG
IMG_8065.JPG
Last edited by admin on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: pictures added, pricing data
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 am

There will be a full Controller advertisement placed later today and all of the photos. Hopefully, it will attract someone willing to take on this project to completion.
Last edited by admin on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pricing
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Tom Sullivan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 pm

Paul,

Do you know if the FCU has been bleed every 6 months? If not there will likely be some serious cost for the FCU to be brought up to airworthy condition.

Tom
Tom Sullivan
sullivan2

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Tom, I'm not privy to the records but I have seen the airplane and it is a terrific machine that has had a lot of expensive features and a ton of Brad's efforts to get it to this stage. The physical appearance is excellent and the feature list is extensive. There are unknowns with every airplane. I can tell you more than 10 people called me and each has a completely different concern. I tell them the same thing: Go make a deposit and check it out in person if you are serious about building this airplane. Everyone wants to make this work.

In airplane sales, and I was doing this stuff in the early 90s with Socata, I've concluded there is no point guessing or complaining or speculating about anything. You have to get the owner to the airplane and do the work to get both of them together and flying.

The current owner has made this dirt simple for someone with the ability and fortitude to get this project across the finish line. That special person simply needs to put down a deposit (refundable) and go do their due diligence and determine if this is the right project for them. The owner is giving the prospective buyer enough time to answer every question there might be. The reward is one long range, M601D IV-PT with the turbine conversion kit applied, airframe ice protection package and a boatload of features. And, you get to pick your paint scheme unless you like primer. :idea:

One person said they would sell the panel and put in a dual G3X. I told them I'll sell the G900X hardware for them. Every person will have a different view of the risks and issues involved but unless they put up money it is a pointless discussion and talk is cheap.

I could tell you it was drained weekly and even If I knew it was drained weekly it wouldn't make a whiff of difference because airplanes like this are sold "as-is, where-is" and it has to get checked regardless before firing up.

The good news is that I did speak to Marv about the FCU since DieMech did the work on this engine and he told me the cost of a new FCU and the cost to repair. The owner has recently taken steps to provide more details on the condition of the airplane so monitor this topic or call for details. If inspection reveals issues that cannot be resolved then the buyer goes away and the deposit is refunded. Its a pretty simple proposal being offered.

Some people focus on what might be wrong but the guy that buys it will be looking at what is will look like flying. It is a different conversation.
Last edited by admin on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pricing and inspection details.
LancairTalk Sales

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds