WTS: beautiful ES-P with AC, Dual G3X and much more

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

Re: WTS: beautiful ES-P with AC, Dual G3X and much more

Postby George Wehrung » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:35 am

You know there has to be more to the story. The ES is likely the safest of the Lancair Fleet. The only exception in this case that makes it different is it being pressurized and having a turbo charged engine when compared to the standard ES. I know the AIG is underwriting them as that is whom I have. Other brokers also indicate that there might be one or two other underwriters that would pick up the ES.

If you can't get an ES a policy that's a bad day for the whole Lancair Fleet.

I could see some exceptions whereby they would require a certain number of hours dual in addition to the LOBO syllabus.
George Wehrung
Founder-es

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:41 am

George Wehrung wrote:You know there has to be more to the story.
Actually, George, there doesn't have to be more to the story. You may not be in touch with real world coverage issues. I worked personally with the broker and he worked with all of the underwriters who write Lancair risk. There were two. No hull and no liability-only was available. The lack of reasonable insurance coverage is creating turmoil in GA. This isn't news to anyone here.
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Brian Thompson » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:02 pm

If the pilot was over 70 years old, then this is not new behavior from insurance providers. This is business as usual
Lancair Super ES - TN
Dual Garmin G3X Touch, GTN750/650
1160hrs and prepping for sale
Brian Thompson
estn

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Great news, the engine crate is onsite and Barrett thinks it will be returned by mid-January so this airplane will be back in the air soon. The specifications on the top page have been updated to include the electric air conditioning in this airplane.

Separately, LancairTalk handled this airplane's new MT-Propeller so that is a big :thumbs:. The owner is happy, MT is happy and the insurance company is happy because nobody got hurt and this is a rounding error for aviation claims. The owner is doing the right thing by making sure everything is new or inspected before letting someone fly it.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 pm

Rhonda at Barrett has closed up the engine, all SBs accomplished, no other issues found so we will have a ZERO SIRAN engine with all 2019 SBs complied with. The crate should arrive back to the airplane in early Jan 2021. The new MT propeller is scheduled for shipping Jan-17 by air so we expect the plane to be given a fresh annual condition inspection along with flight by late January. This is a very clean airplane with the newest possible interior, panel, engine, prop in a ES-P.

Air conditioned and pressurized. Call or PM for details or questions.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Todd Sanderson » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 pm

Very interesting on the insurance. I have owned a homebuilt turbine helicopter, Glasair III (twice), Iskra fighter jet, and some other interesting planes and never had problems getting insurance. I'm Commercial MEL and CFI with 3300 hours. I know the IVP is harder to get insurance on, but I received a quote on one a few months back with no problem other than I did not see a reason to pay $12k per year for insurance on a toy.

If this plane had de-ice (and I knew the price) I might be interested. Without de-ice it is a VFR plane for the area I fly in. Very nice looking, though.
Todd Sanderson
Legacy enthusiast

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:34 pm

Well Todd, 12k for annual premium may not qualify as "available" for most people in this category. But, yes, at least they replied and most companies are not even answering.

I saw a lot of people getting 10k quotes and it makes no sense when you add up the operating costs versus other certified airplane like Mooney and Cessna where quotes are 25% of those numbers (I've been told). the 10k numbers have killed a bunch of deals.

The ice protection is on the MT prop. It is fully IFR but I get your meaning when you say VFR for your area.

It is listed for 374,000 in Controller with the new prop, zero SIRAN from Barrett. The annual condition inspection will be done concurrently with the pre-buy. That's the plan. It is a beautiful plane. The owner is going to toss in training as part of the package to ensure it gets done. Everyone is a little skittish on low time buyers with resources to buy this calibre of airplane. There are some other concessions that a buyer will see once discussions get underway.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Todd Sanderson » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 pm

What is the useful load and useable fuel capacity?

Any idea of what Thermawing de-ice would cost?

Thanks.
Todd Sanderson
Legacy enthusiast

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:51 pm

GTOW 3800, Empty 2404 (GTOW corrected 13-Nov) and that is in the specs on the first page.

Fuel is 105G and I will add that to the specs (thanks).

Thermawing is not cheap. I don't know the exact cost. The IV-PT I have listed was $24,000 including installation some years back. I suppose it is more today. For reference GeoffreyB has a ES-P recently with the thermawing and BRS and he is online here. He purchased installed though. I think that plane was listed at 465k for a while and settle somewhere less but still in the 400s. Some of the owners here have thermawing so search and see and maybe PM them for a more current price update. Report back if you get current numbers. If you want me to see about a quote PM me and I can start calling. I know a few places that will install but I don't know who sell. Of course, all the shops are bu$y but everyone probably knows that.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:06 am

Deposit received! What a way to start February. The MT prop arrives tomorrow and Barrett is a little behind but the engine is coming soon. The new owner is going to have a remarkable ES-P. LancairTalk has handled all of the sales effort including advertising, documentation, escrow and now we're trying to help with insurance and training requirements. Fingers crossed on insurance.
LancairTalk Sales

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds