WTT: Trade New Nose Gear Links

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTT: Trade New Nose Gear Links

Postby Brian MacKenzie » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:16 pm

I have a brand new pair of Legacy nose gear drag links from the SB077 kit, however my build was completed with the shorter main gear links on the nose...so looking to swap if someone also has a new pair of MLG links...as unfortunately, the finish quality of new parts I just received seems far from the prior highly polished, smooth links of the past.

Pictured: polished link is my 433-0001. Rough, unfinished is how new links arrived.

What I have:
Qty 2 new, never installed 433-0001 Nose Links, 8-1/8" overall, 7-1/8" hole spacing
Received from Lancair as highly polished/smooth

What I want to trade with
Qty 2 new, #4721 links, 8" overall, 7" hole spacing
same finish quality
Attachments
IMG_8828.jpg
IMG_8829.jpg
Brian MacKenzie
LegacyRG

Re: WTT: Trade New Nose Gear Links

Postby Tom McNerney » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:19 pm

I have some but they were painted white when the old Lancair did the service bulletin to the upper drag brace. I had to sand away some of the paint where it pivots at the top. I installed them, but never flew with them. I ended up getting a set for the airplane in Titanium.

Tom
816-309-6038
Tom McNerney

Postby Brian MacKenzie » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Hey Tom - that might actually be even better, all of mine on the plane now were actually painted or powder-coated white (except the ends) as well, so getting another white set might work.

I'll get in touch. I just cant believe the finish quality Lancair accepts for these from their vendors now...
Brian MacKenzie
LegacyRG

Postby Jake Wolfe » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 pm

Brian MacKenzie wrote:I just cant believe the finish quality Lancair accepts for these from their vendors now...

I compltely agree, I have gotten several machined aluminum parts that haven't even been finished or anodized.
Jake Wolfe
IV-P

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am

Tom McNerney wrote:I ended up getting a set for the airplane in Titanium.

We could sell those...just sayin'
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Return to Classifieds