Value of Advanced 5500EF 8.4" Display (Sold)

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

Value of Advanced 5500EF 8.4" Display (Sold)

Postby David Frangos » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:42 pm

I am in the process of upgrading my panel and pulled out an "Advanced Deck 5500EF 8.4" display, along with a Magnetometer. (see pics)

The system worked well before I pulled it out. It has a 32gig sd card that has a bunch of files on it, which I am assuming are the database. I only used it for about 10 hours of flying. It had an airport database, and I think "synthetic vision" as it would put boxes on the screen to fly through when you selected a point to fly to.

I believe the AHRS is built into the unit, as the pitot/static lines were connected to the back.

The system was originally installed by Sarasota back in 2012.

I would like to resell the unit but have no idea what it is worth? I have looked everywhere for comparable items but no luck. Besides the obvious answer "it's worth what someone would pay for it," anyone has any idea what this system along with the magnetometer and connectors is worth? (see pics)

Of course, I would sell for a lesser price to someone on here vs. to just anybody on ebay or the like.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Advanced Deck 5500EF (Back).jpg
Advanced Deck 5500EF.jpg
Front View
Last edited by David Frangos on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Frangos

Re: Value of Advanced 5500EF 8.4" Display

Postby Christian Meier » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:10 pm

David
I have the previous version (4500) and I’m collecting brochures of your unit since a long time....
I would be best to contact Rob at https://www.advancedflightsystems.com/contact-us.php
And tell him the serial number of your unit so he can send you a spec sheet. It would be interesting to know if it has the engine monitoring included and what other features are installed.
Christian Meier
OE-CCM
L390-MKII
www.lancair.at
Christian Meier

WTS: Advanced 5500EF 8.4" Display

Postby David Frangos » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 pm

Christian,

Thank you for the info. I just sent a message to Rob.

I don't think it had engine monitoring capabilities, as the aircraft had an old VM1000 system installed.
It also is not a touch screen.

When I get the spec sheet I will post it here.

Thanks again.
Last edited by admin on Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: anything you are selling goes into Classifieds. once sold it is removed. Please put buys and sells in Classifieds.
David Frangos

Re: Value of Advanced 5500EF 8.4" Display

Postby Bob Mackey » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:16 am

Bob Mackey
235_O320

Return to Classifieds