WTS: Lancair IV-P N89GG $329,900

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTS: Lancair IV-P N89GG $329,900

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:39 pm

89GG-7.jpg
89GG-1.jpg
Photo Feb 25, 6 26 23 PM.jpg
This is a nice Lancair. The owner of this low-time IV-P has prepared a lot of material to help buyers make an informed decision. Other sellers and agencies should take a page from this book on how to present their airplanes.
Photo Feb 25, 6 24 33 PM.jpg

We still have more pictures and data to upload but since I posted the airplane in Controller there are a lot of people asking to start a review.
Photo Feb 25, 6 24 14 PM.jpg
89GG-4.jpg

First, everything works. It has AC and the engine was fully overhauled by Barrett only 200 hours ago. The panel is Chelton (with spares) and is a solid IFR panel that does not require anything to fly today. Cheltons are older but completely solid and reliable. Of course, you can update the panel but you don't need to. You can fly away and have another 1000 hours probably on the engine without doing anything.
Photo Feb 25, 6 21 22 PM.jpg

The owner purchased this beautiful IV-P from the original owner, Jim Malach, in 2011 and has flown it since. Most of his trips were to Florida and back but that mission has changed and it is time for another airplane. I heard a Pitts mentioned. I'm sure it will be a sad day when it goes away after flying for so many years and the obvious care it has been getting.

The instrument panel was built 2 inches forward to accommodate bigger pilots. That is a "plus".

The owner reports that other respected Lancair builders describe the build as "elegant". Shane has flown 89GG for 1000 hours now and reports is has been a delight to own and fly. I do hear that from a lot of owners who do proper maintenance and take care of the details.
It is an amazing airplane that flies at 250KTAS at FL230 and 16.6 GPH. The pressurization system works flawlessly. The A/C system keeps the cabin nice and cool on any day below 100F. The engine has about 200 hours since a complete Barrett overhaul and is smooth and fast. I am frequently asked by controllers if I am a jet or turboprop. You can upgrade the panel and fix a few cosmetic issues and have a new airplane or just fly it as it is now.

Some engine shots:
engine6.jpg
engine5.jpg
engine4.jpg
engine3.jpg
engine2.jpg
engine1.jpg

I've looked at the cosmetics and it involves some leading edge chips and I'm making arrangements to have that addressed at a shop (when we can find one not booked out Brad!). Whatever you decide we will get it looking pretty and new as soon as we get it into a shop.
ramp5.jpg
ramp3.jpg
ramp2.jpg
ramp1.jpg

Here are some specifics to chew on.
  • 1384TT and 194 SMOH
  • Barrett did the last SMOH at $80,000! Ouch but you have a terrific engine for many years now
  • Condition Inspection 4/1/20
  • Air conditioning
  • excellent pressurization system
  • Garmin GNS-530W
  • SL-30
  • Tru-Trak autopilot with GPSS
  • Advanced Angle of Attack
  • Lancair Avionics panel and wiring (this is one of those rock-solid panels built by Lancair Avionics)
  • Instrument panel moved forward 2 inches for more pilot room
[*] [more features to come but I have to wash two dogs tonight....--admin]
Here are some inflight shots
inflight2.jpg
inflight3.jpg
inflight4.jpg

Some panel shots:
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
panel4.jpg
panel3.jpg
panel2.jpg

Some shots of the airframe and you can see some cosmetic issues on the leading edges and those will be corrected along with any worn items as soon as we book a shop. Don't let that stop you from making a move because it probably won't be on the market very long.

Coming: Prop, manuals, logbooks, W&B. If you have questions while this ad is being constructed just send a PM or email or reply here.
Attachments
Photo Feb 22, 6 39 53 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 6 32 40 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 6 25 30 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 6 25 21 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 6 25 17 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 6 24 53 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 6 24 44 PM.jpg
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Re: WTS: Lancair IV-P N89GG $329,900

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Additional construction and build manuals available with this IV-P.
Attachments
Photo Feb 23, 8 30 25 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 23, 8 30 14 AM.jpg
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:03 am

Developments on this wonderful IV-P are in the works. It will be down at Henderson at LOBO this week. I am hoping for some exciting new on this Lancair later this week. If you take a look at Henderson, it has just come out of annual condition inspection with the same professional shop used for the last 11 years. Everything is in excellent shape. We decided to leave the cosmetics as-is to show the airplane as it has weathered the last 1000 hours. There are some leading edge paint issues to deal with and the new owner will get that done at one of the three paint shops we have available. When we get done with it, it will show very well. Maurits has agreed to fast-track a new G3X panel if the new owner wants one but the existing Chelton IFR panel is solid and ready to go now. The owner has Chelton spares are on the shelf and there is no need to change the panel. It works perfectly and the new owner can hop in and fly for a year before the next annual.

Good luck!
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:00 pm

Pending receipt of deposit that is expected, this aircraft is under an agreement to purchase. thank you to everyone who participated.
LancairTalk Sales

Return to Classifieds