WTS: Monster IV-P 400HP LyCon New P&I BRS

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTS: Monster IV-P 400HP LyCon New P&I BRS

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:36 pm

Priced at $549,900 includes training and access to insurance*.
*Please call first before locking your name in with any broker.

This is an amazing airplane. It only has 90 hours TT. Kenny at LyCon was charged with making this engine "safe and reliable" and it still dyno'd at 400HP. Videos coming of the dyno. No expense has been spared and we have the invoices and work orders to prove it. Kenny did a 3-page "major overhaul" on the engine and replaced the crankshaft with new. It is sitting here in Milan waiting for installation.

This aircraft has RDD's BRS installation. It has Thermawing.

David Buckwalter has built a brand new dual G3X panel (carbon) with custom roll bottom for resting hands.

Brad is doing the interior and paint and there is still time to pick everything. There is no other IV-P or any other single piston that has all of these features including training, deice, new prop, new BRS, new panel, new tire, new paint, new interior, new engine plus SmartGlide and AOA and windshield deice and speedbrakes. And, we can help with insurance if you call first. You can pay a $million and go 100 knots slower.

Please PM me or call and discuss the entire process and package being offered. The pics and specs will be coming as the plane develops towards completion.

This airplane is expected to be a monster performer. I don't think we'll see another one like this for a while.
Attachments
N196TX IVP.png
Last edited by admin on Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price updated
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Re: WTS: Monster IV-P 400HP LyCon New P&I BRS

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:01 am

Visited the airplane today in the shop. All speed ahead for a post-Oshkosh completion. The seats are already done and material rolls of leather here. the headliner roll is here and will be a nice neutral color. See the photos. The engine is fresh from LyCon, full major overhaul, call Kenny if you want to talk directly to the shop that did the work and dyno'd at 400hp.

The David Buckwalter panel is going to be installed after OSH. The BRS chute is deactivated (thanks) while paint and interior is ongoing. Thermawing is in place. Speed brake are ready to go back in. The prop is about 10 hours SOH plus a composite spinner.

RDD did a ton of work on the airplane before it was flown to Brad's. In fact, the plane only has 90TT on it and basically say at RDD for all those years. The current owner has spared no expense in re-doing everything to his high standards (he is a car restoration expert) and he is a PPG expert. With the owner and Brad collaborating on the paint you will probably not see a nicer outcome on a IV-P. Get into position now and choose your scheme or wait for completion and likely a higher price.

Phone calls are starting, emails are coming in. A deposit will hold everything while you check things out. First come, first served. Here are a few shots from today. The old paint is coming off and it will be a really nice airplane when this is finished.
Attachments
IMG_9879.jpg
headliner material
IMG_9881.jpg
leather roll used for seats
IMG_9886.jpg
IMG_9891.jpg
headliner material is in and ready to fabricate soon.
IMG_9892.jpg
IMG_9893.jpg
IMG_9894.jpg
speed brakes installed by RDD
IMG_9896.jpg
IMG_9898.jpg
IMG_9899.jpg
IMG_9895.jpg
panel is getting a complete replacement
IMG_9889.jpg
shot through the cowling
IMG_9888.jpg
shots through the cowling
IMG_9885.jpg
bergundy red seats already custom made. More material is available.
2021-07-28 00_07_56-DSCN5358.jpeg and 19 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png
replacing camlocs with nicer hinge and pin for the cowling
2021-07-28 00_07_25-IMG_5038 (1).jpg and 19 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png
original paint now coming off. Note the flatter wing tips. You can change them if you wish.
2021-07-28 00_07_11-IMG_3842.jpg and 19 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png
Previous paint job (orignal) and BRS installation at RDD
2021-07-28 00_06_41-image1.jpeg and 19 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png
Overhauled Prop and composite spinner included
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:25 am

Sketch of the dual G3X panel ready to install. The switches are engraved Carling switches and there are two Garmin USB power ports included.
Attachments
2021-07-28 00_22_56-Avionics Systems invoices and schematic.pdf and 19 more pages - Personal - Micro.png
2021-07-28 00_24_20-Avionics Systems invoices and schematic.pdf and 19 more pages - Personal - Micro.png
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:18 pm

This is going to be a stunning IV-P. I've been at Brad's while the paint prep is being done and it is going to have a very special interior. The leather seats are done and the headliner is in the back room. David has built an amazing dual G3X panel and it has AOA, Garmin's new Smart Glide feature.
2021-08-15 22_04_32-Smart-Glide-Button _ Garmin Newsroom and 14 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ E.png
RDD did the BRS installation and wing, tail and windshield deice and prop deice. The wings are getting speed brakes added. The paint design is going to be a very nice 4-colour design by Brad's shop and the buyer can modify that up until about end of August is my estimate.

There is no expense spared in this airplane. LyCon was charged with building the best and safest engine possible for the buyer and this is the result. As completion gets closer we are moving pricing to reflect the increased valuations and decrease in quality airplanes. There is nothing like this airplane at this price with all of these features and monster performance. Lycon, Brad Simmons, David Buckwalter & RDD have all put their best into this Lancair and someone is going to be very happy. As is standard today, all LancairTalk assisted sales come with an enhanced training package and dedicated insurance channel. If you want to buy this airplane do not call your Cessna 172 broker or Gallagher or Falcon or Avemco or any of the shops until you discuss the latest market news for aviation insurance. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. PM me here to discuss how to get the best chance at coverage, training and acquiring this airplane or call.

Call for latest pricing and deposit requirements and insurance intel.
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:01 pm

This airplane was originally built to fly to Africa. It has a long range "pee" tube installed at the pilot seat and it is plumbed for long range tanks in the back seat. There are two tanks included, 50g and 37g. That is a lot of fuel. Will that get me to Hawaii?
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:09 pm

I was just informed the panel is going to be carbon and will be set at a 8-degree tilt. This is going to be an awesome dual G3X panel with every feature available including SmartGlide on the panel. As it progresses we will send pictures but I expect we will see someone pick this up prior to completion. The price is now listed at the top of this topic and it includes full completion risk with everything specified and delivered and working. How many airplanes can you order new today at this fixed price point and all these new features and IV-P performance? Someone is going to get a deal. Or perhaps go buy an LX-7 and pay $300k more.
LancairTalk Sales

Return to Classifieds