Possibly for Sale: Lancair 235 partially complete

Moderator: LancairTalk Support

Forum rules
Lancairs for Sale. Include price and photos and specifications. Contact admin for placement fees and duration of advertisement.

Possibly for Sale: Lancair 235 partially complete

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:34 pm

I had an interesting call with a friend of a builder who quit some years ago on this 235 project. Initially, I thought it going to be possibly rough and unfinished. The specs indicate the owner obviously put a lot of time and money into the project. It has been sitting for some time but here are a few pictures to consume on a rainy day.

Thoughts? Time to complete. Value to someone who wants to build? I've suggested get borescope shots and lots of pictures to show parts and manuals and condition. It might get listed here or not but here is a nice project to compare with a flying airplane.

If you have comments list them here. If you have interest then give me an email so I can feedback to the people helping to sell it.
Attachments
IMG_1656.jpg
IMG_1652.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1641.jpg
Call for more information or email sales@lancairtalk.net
New 866-300-KNOT (5668)
LancairTalk Sales

Re: Possibly for Sale: Lancair 235 partially complete

Postby John Cooper » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:47 pm

Wow! That's a Great American prop. I flew behind one of those and it performed really well. The aircraft is mostly done but it would take me another year to complete, I think.
WARNING! Incorrect design and/or fabrication of aircraft and/or components may result in injury or death. Information presented in this post is based on my opinion only - Reader has sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for use.
John Cooper
rank-235

Postby Bob Mackey » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Looks like it is beautifully built. I like the detailed lettering on things like the Nav1/Nav2/LORAN switch. Sadly it is well out off date. The panel will have to be re-done. The engine might be rusty or the seals dried out. If the engine is an O-235, I'd sell that and install an O-320. Then it would need a different prop and modified cowl. Maybe a ventral fin and larger rudder.

To me this looks like 1.5 years and $40k on top of the purchase price
Bob Mackey
235_O320

Postby John Cooper » Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:24 am

Here's another 235 for sale. Paul might want to give the guy a call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZstuP7xzc
WARNING! Incorrect design and/or fabrication of aircraft and/or components may result in injury or death. Information presented in this post is based on my opinion only - Reader has sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for use.
John Cooper
rank-235

Return to Aircraft for Sale