WTS Lancair 320/390 N775DX

Moderator: LancairTalk Support

Forum rules
Lancairs for Sale. Include price and photos and specifications. Contact admin for placement fees and duration of advertisement.

Re: WTS Lancair 320/390 N775DX

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:23 pm

This beautiful Lancair is available again and the ask is $129,000 and that was where our last contract was signed. We had the last buyer back out for personal reasons and did not yet attend the inspection scheduled for the end of April. Hey, that's OK because our position at LancairTalk is that the airplane must be good fit for the next buyer. If things change we work on finding the next perfect owner.

The good news is that the owner/builder has just completed a phenomenal detailed annual condition inspection and is prepared to sit down and go through everything with the buyer. I would record that meeting and keep it for next year's inspection. Pete can't fly it anymore but Matt Speare was scheduled to fly in, get updated by Pete (owner) then train the buyer in 1-2 days there in St Louis. We expect the buyer can then fly home safely. The buyer who just went away had Wings coverage for insurance so that's not going to be a problem for almost everyone.

You can be that next person! Since we last updated this listing Pete has installed all new PTFE braided hydraulic lines. It has the zero SOH prop. New nose door actuator seals went in this week. The ELT (406) battery was replaced early so it is good for many years.

I am actually going to visit this airplane in St Louis this coming weekend to get some more video so if anyone wants to visit and check it out please coordinate with me while we sift through the people who expressed an earlier interest in buying this Lancair.

Remember, it is outfitted with controls on the left like the builder flew when directing the F-18 program. The interior is light and sparse but everything is perfect and working. Dual rudder controls. Coupled autopilot. I personally would not change the panel if I bought this plane--fly it and enjoy it for a year then decide if it needs anything. If you decide on panel changes then we'll get you the stuff you need.

I have a list of 10 people who were looking earlier when a deposit came in. Don't hesitate to call or write if you want to jump in and haven't heard anything yet. First come ...yada. :thumbs:
Attachments
2024-04-11.png
Call for more information or email sales@lancairtalk.net
New 866-300-KNOT (5668)
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:46 pm

LancairTalk is live in St Louis (KSUS) today visiting the original owner/builder of the 320/390 Lancair N775DX. The n-number has a great story I'll relay later but the "DX" was call sign for his first A4 squadron.

LancairTalk is assisting in the sale of N775DX. We are working through a list of interested partied and Peter is doing a very detailed update for the next buyer. New PTFE hoses, newly overhauled MT prop, comprehensive inspection with the help of a local AP/IA. Today, the purpose of my visit was to check if anything else is needed, update on the sale progress and find out when the inspection will be complete. As a result, I'm going to get the nose gear door actuator shaft seal for Pete plus the gas spring. We'll get those from McM-C and get spares to make up the correct kits needed for these regular repairs for other owners.

The inspection is complete except for a few items remaining. Stunning binders for every component, extra tools, spare landing gear components, original build diary and "special McDonnell Douglas" high sensitivity antennas built into the tail that "can receive KSUS tower almost 200 miles away" on the Becker radios. Terrific visit with Peter, now 85, sharp as anything and with a blessed career he told me "flying the best airplanes in the world".

Pete ended my visit saying the Lancair, just shy of 500 hours, has been incredibly reliable and will serve the next owner very well. Visiting these Lancairs, labors of love actually, is incredibly important. Getting them transferred properly to people with credentials to fly and with a passion to properly look after these Lancairs for 10-20 more years takes time and patience. Enjoy the pics, more to come plus some video to process once I get back home.
Attachments
pete apr 15 0224.png
dx apr 15 0224.png
New 866-300-KNOT (5668)
LancairTalk Sales

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 pm

One more flyer for the local flying clubs or printouts for reference.
Attachments
n77dx V3 prev.png
New 866-300-KNOT (5668)
LancairTalk Sales

Previous

Return to Aircraft for Sale