WTS: Oh my! A mint IV-PT comes to market on LancairTalk

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTS: Oh my! A mint IV-PT comes to market on LancairTalk

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:40 am

This is an exclusive listing for LancairTalk. This stunning IV-PT is coming to market for the new year. Outfitted with every feature, an 8-year build totalling 15,000 documented hours under the eyes of Transport Canada this is a gem. Be prepared for a terrific 2021 as we see some exceptional Lancairs coming to market like this IV-PT.

The advertisement will be coming to Controller in the next edition and here in LancairTalk as soon as I organize the massive list of features. There are 2GB of photos documenting every step of the construction. Not only does it have dual G900X, it has a backup G3X and Garmin autopilot. Dual buss of course. The M601D is overseen with Auto Start, Auto Fuel leveling, Anti Flameout Protection, Overspeed protection including beta operation and the airframe carries a tanker load of 188g of fuel capacity. The paint is flawless and it has the Garmin GTS 800 incredible traffic system. Nothing spared. The airplane has gone through an rigourous test and flight training program and now has 70 hours total time.

So if you are interested: "Squawk IDENT" below in a reply and ask your questions. You can't get a hand-made pressurized rocket like this anywhere else. Standby for further clearance!
Attachments
C-GSEM.JPG
Photo Credit Mike MacKinnon (Calgary) who graciously allowed us to his gorgeous photos for marketing purposes. Thanks Mike. More pictures coming!
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Re: WTS: Oh my! A mint IV-PT comes to market on LancairTalk

Postby Tom Majer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Beautiful! Can’t wait for the full details,
Tom Majer
IV-P

Postby Michael Coney » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:10 pm

This same aircraft is listed in another post from the owner who flew it less than 100 hours - He is selling already? I think it was under "A year in review"

The poster looks like the builder - I'd like to understand his experience, background etc.

I have owned several planes before and looked as Canadian reg ac - as I remember its a pain - any comments on the process to convert to USA N number

Any reasons for listing the AC so quickly and what is the asking price?

I would love to know the back story on this AC other than, tons of pics coming

Thanks
Michael Coney
enthusiast

Postby LancairTalk Sales » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Michael Coney wrote:This same aircraft is listed in another post from the owner who flew it less than 100 hours - He is selling already? I think it was under "A year in review"

Michael: Yes, Ed Small is the builder. LancairTalk is assisting with the marketing of the IV-PT and that's why I've posted this topic. You can deal with me for questions about the aircraft.

The poster looks like the builder - I'd like to understand his experience, background etc.

Why not PM him? You've been here long enough, you know how to contact people. Why ask the group to comment about one person's background and experience when he's right here in the room with you :?:

I have owned several planes before and looked as Canadian reg ac - as I remember its a pain - any comments on the process to convert to USA N number
It's called importing. It is a standard process since many N-registered aircraft are exported and imported every day. It is a straightforward process for a quality aircraft with excellent records, "tons of photos" showing the build process and hiring the proper facility and DAR to do the inspection. For example, a brand new Legacy from Toronto area was imported by a member online here and he did the research and homework and got it done properly. He just posted his trip notes to the Florida keys in that Legacy. Ask Brian, he is the expert.

Any reasons for listing the AC so quickly...

Yes, I listed it here first before publishing in Controller. We have a number of people looking for quality IV-PTs and this was a way of giving them first crack at discussing the details and seeing if it fits their requirements.

I would love to know the back story on this AC other than, tons of pics coming
Please define "back story". Do you mean build logs? This aircraft has a full set of build logs and manuals for each component including warranties on a number of key items. Serious buyers, those with experience, want a full set of build logs and a photographic catalog/history of the processes used, the component installations and locations and techniques used during construction. If you review Geoffrey's topic about his recent ES-P question you will see some of the issues that become problematic when a build log and schematics are not available. Even Cessna has "tons of pics" for each model. Cessna refers to them as maintenance manuals, circuit schematics and parts catalogs. Good quality builders maintain these documents for their Lancairs and photos are the easiest way to document a build and transmit it and preserve the knowledge.

BTW, "tons of pics" was the primary goal for creating LancairTalk from the LML mail list. Mr. Small, the builder of this beautiful IV-PT, is so detailed in his build that he has epoxy samples for each application during construction. So, is that what you mean by "back story" or are you asking something else?

Michael, If you are truly interested in this aircraft, give me a shout. A IV-PT like this is a big financial commitment and it will require a plan for training and prior insurance approvals.
Call for more information or email
US: 406-873-8311
Canada: 587-432-7536
LancairTalk Sales

Postby Michael Coney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:16 pm

not interested anymore!
Michael Coney
enthusiast

Postby Jeff Edison » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Michael, If you are truly interested in this aircraft, give me a shout. A IV-PT like this is a big financial commitment and it will require a plan for training and prior insurance approvals.

It’s important to keep in mind- this is a TURBINE powered, high altitude, long range, high speed aircraft. It is not a powerful bonanza. I contend that any aircraft that compete with it will require a larger financial commitment, and have similar insurance requirements. It is, simply and awesome airplane, but not suitable for the masses.

When valuing it, I think it should be compared to the EVO, TBM and M600. It’s a bargain.
LOBO
Director Of Training
Jeff Edison
IV-PT

Return to Classifieds