WTS:Lancair Custom Built Aircraft - Black Leather Jacket

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTS:Lancair Custom Built Aircraft - Black Leather Jacket

Postby Matt McManus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 pm

I have a black soft leather jacket embroidered with "Lancair Custom Built Aircraft" in large white letters on the back and small letters on the front above the heart. Jacket is Large (42-44). No rips or tears. Excellent shape. Some slight discoloration starting around the collar. $125 shipped. This jacket was originally sold by Lancair.

Pictures available on request by email.

Thanks,
Matt McManus
former Lancair 360 owner
Last edited by admin on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: em ti
Matt McManus

Re: Lancair Custom Built Aircraft - Black Leather Jacket

Postby Danny Miller » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi Matt, I'm still enjoying N107SD I bought from you in 2011. It's a little different now with an all glass G3X panel. It's been a great plane and I hope to keep flying it for many years to come. Are you still flying?
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Postby Matt McManus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi Danny, great to hear from you. I really enjoyed that airplane, probably more than any airplane I have owned. It's good to hear you upgraded the panel. I have an RV7A now. Great plane, dynon panel, and insurance is way cheaper. But not near as fast. Take care.
Matt
Matt McManus

Postby admin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Here are the pictures Matt sent. Amazingly, we stored the old emails from Marv's files and when Matt came looking, we just adjusted his new email and here is back again. Welcome back! Danny, you'll have to show him some new panel stuff with the g3x you're doing. Here is Matt's jacket for sale.
Attachments
P1110047.JPG
P1110046.JPG
Invest a few minutes in your topics and get better answers. Use Greenshot.org software to screenshot and markup photos easily and free. Images make better topics.
admin

Postby Danny Miller » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 am

Nice looking jacket. I wish it was bigger. Here's the new panel. It still needs a face plate cover for the two items on the bottom of the stack (GTR-20R & GTX-23ES) to clean things up but that's it. Simple but very effective and fully IMC capable.
Attachments
NewPanel03.JPG
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Postby Matt McManus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am

Awesome upgrade Danny. Looks like the only thing from the old panel is the compass :)

I'm glad to know 107SD is still going strong.
Matt
Matt McManus

Postby Craig Spirko » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:13 am

Danny Miller wrote:Here's the new panel. It still needs a face plate cover for the two items on the bottom of the stack (GTR-20R & GTX-23ES) to clean things up but that's it. Simple but very effective and fully IMC capable.

Danny,
Nice panel, may I ask a few questions?
Is that a G5 on the far left (when photo is inverted)? I didn't think that would fit next to a GDU 460.
Are you using Vertical Power to minimize circuit breakers?
Wondering why you didn't fit a second GDU 460 on the right side panel, looks like you have enough room. Do you mount an iPad there?

Trying to plan a 360 panel, thanks for your help,
-Craig
Craig Spirko

Postby Danny Miller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 am

Craig Spirko wrote:Is that a G5 on the far left (when photo is inverted)?

Yes it is. I'm not sure why the photo inverts when clicked on but if you download it and then rotate it you can see it better.
Craig Spirko wrote:I didn't think that would fit next to a GDU 460.

It seems to work well for me without being too crowded.
Craig Spirko wrote:Are you using Vertical Power to minimize circuit breakers?

Yes.
Craig Spirko wrote:Wondering why you didn't fit a second GDU 460 on the right side panel, looks like you have enough room. Do you mount an iPad there?

I suppose it looks pretty cool to have two but it just isn't necessary. I have everything I need right in front of me with no need to ever look at the right side panel. However, I am planning to install a RAM mount ball there to hold my iPad.
Last edited by Danny Miller on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Postby Paul Miller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:55 am

:Offtopic: I'm with Danny on the single GDU. The G5 flies the airplane and autopilot and approach if the GDU smokes. The GDU has multiple power points. The G5 has battery backup and multiple power points. The G5 has full GPS airdata backup. The only thing missing would be engine display and I can fly without it it is disappears.

I'm saving the right side for something more spectacular if that ever appears but who looks over there anyway?
What do you need for your Lancair Build or maintenance? Talk here.
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Craig Spirko » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm

The last panel I built had two GDU 460s, easier for right seat pilot and I'd usually leave ADS-B Wx on it when on long cross countries. Made partial panel on my IFR checkride dead easy as well. But with a G5 as backup, you seem to be well-covered.

One more question, Danny: Where are the Landing Gear Position Switch and Lights (3 green) on your panel?

I feel I should buy Matt's jacket as compensation for this thread creep. Matt, where are you and your jacket located? Any chance you're in Southern California? I usually wear Medium in jackets, so it's probably too large.
Craig Spirko

Next

Return to Classifieds