WTB: Lycoming engine mount for Legacy RG

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTB: Lycoming engine mount for Legacy RG

Postby Bob Mackey » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:16 pm

It may be a while before I am ready to mount an engine, but I'll start looking now.
Want the engine mount to fit a Legacy RG with a Lycoming IO-540 Dynafocal.
I have the Continental engine mount and would be happy to trade.
Bob Mackey
235_O320

Re: WTB: Lycoming engine mount for Legacy RG

Postby Mark Davis » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:45 am

Bob,
I’m one of the relatively few with a Lyc. IO-540 in my Legacy. The dynafocal mount came from the original Lancair in Redmond and I’m fairly certain that it was made for them by Snow Line up there. They likely still have the jigs for making them although the accuracy, at least on mine, was a good but not perfect fit to the engine. As you are probably aware, this mount in attached to the firewall a bit differently from the Continental with a 5th attach point in the center. It helps to consider this during the build process since it involves reinforcing the firewall for that attachment when access to the back of the firewall is easier.

Mark Davis
Mark Davis
LegacyRG

Return to Classifieds