WTB: EchoUAT

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTB: EchoUAT

Postby Randy Stuart » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Anyone have an EchoUAT they are not going to use... Let me know.
Randy Stuart

Re: WTB: EchoUAT

Postby Steve Alderman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Randy,

Sorry I don't have one but welcome back I missed your input.
Steve Alderman

Postby Steve Cantarutti » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:16 am

I had one for a while. Great specs on weight and size. Not so great for me at least on performance report. I kept failing baro alt. No separate serial input for alt encoder proved troubling. I have read of a possible workaround but not sure. Removed and sold mine some time back.
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A ( 2013 - 2016 )
Steve Cantarutti
235_O320

Postby Tony Martin » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:19 am

I might have one let me look.
Tony Martin
IV

Postby Randy Stuart » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:29 am

Steve Cantarutti wrote:I had one for a while. Great specs on weight and size. Not so great for me at least on performance report. I kept failing baro alt. No separate serial input for alt encoder proved troubling. I have read of a possible workaround but not sure. Removed and sold mine some time back.

I don't know too much about these but with a 430W / 327 / iEFIS it seems like the easiest and cheapest way to go. I really have no desire to install ADS-B out since I don't live near any "Rule" space now, but if I want to fly to Vegas or LA area to visit friends it's all C veil. I expect I'll leave it off for the most part. I'll see what pops up, I'm sure ADS-B is going to drop in price after the mandate as the rush to install drops.
What do you wind up changing to?
Randy Stuart

Postby Steve Cantarutti » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:32 pm

Read up on the install manual. There is only 1 serial input, at least last I checked. I read that some have tried workarounds. The problem I experienced was failed ads-b compliance report due to "Baro Alt" failures. This occurred both times I tried using a sniffer (navworx and echo). If the transponder is not being pinged, it is not putting out anything to sniff by the ads-b unit. This leads to Baro Alt failures due to lack of altitude encoder input. I resolved this issue with the Navworx box by hard wiring serial line from the altitude encoder to the Navworx. As I understand, Garmin got around this problem with their GDL 82 sniffer by giving the GDL 82 the ability to ping the transponder. I was afraid the failures would lead to an AD on the Echo unit so I removed it.

I think I am the lowest cost out there to get ads-b in/out at about $230 all in.
I installed a Navworx ADS600-B under the AMOC using my Garmin 430W as position source (ADS-b OUT+ format). Bought the Navworx box for $230 and installed it myself. Flew for 8 minutes and have a passing PAPR report. Coupled the Navworx box via ARINC to the 430W and now have traffic on the 430W.

AMOC here: https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... cs-updated
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A ( 2013 - 2016 )
Steve Cantarutti
235_O320

Return to Classifieds