WTB: Complete ready to install panel for 360 MK II

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTB: Complete ready to install panel for 360 MK II

Postby Jose Santos » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello:
I started looking around for estimates for a complete preassembled all-glass panel for a LN360 Mk II. I will start with VFR, will upgrade to IFR later. No specific brand in mind.

Dual redundant screens, (2 axis autopilot with jaw trim capability), all the new FAA reqs, dual independent power supplies. Must be a take out of the box and install proposition, not one that needs hundreds of hours fabricating and working out gremlins and compatibility issues. Tested prior to install.The system does not need to have the autopilot, but must specify the servos. IFR, autopilot and servos can be stage 2. I will look into these if reasonable.

And.. I will require assistance as needed in installation at a professional builder shop. I will not be doing the work. I don't want my installer/builder to have to start working out glitches. Tested prior to install.

I will submit the proposals to my builder and make a decision on the best bang for the money, not necessarily the cheapest. I will not accept outdated non supported equipment. If he doesn't trust you, neither will I.

In exchange, certified check prior to delivery. Estimating around $15-20K for 100% functional basic panel. Anybody interested kindly submit your proposal and how will you assist. I will try answer any questions you may have, will take a serious look at honest suggestions and recommendations.
Jose Santos

Re: WTB: Complete ready to install panel for 360 MK II

Postby Christian Meier » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:46 am

Christian Meier
OE-CCM
L390-MKII
www.lancair.at
Christian Meier

Postby Chuck Walker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Aerotronics in Billings, MT has built a very large number of Lancair panels to builders' specifications and is one of the top avionics shops in the country. See the gallery section on their website for examples. If interested, contact Jason Smith, manager of their experimental department, for suggestions, guidance and a quote.
http://www.aerotronics.com/
Chuck Walker --- L2K 138 --- N27EB
Chuck Walker
LegacyRG

Postby Paul Miller » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:39 pm

:two: I think you would be better to select a brand and layout prior to open bidding like this. I understand your wish to have a delivered, working solution but everyone is different in their requirements. Garmin already includes an autopilot for example in the G3X offering. "Latest FAA requirements" means what?

I went all WAAS. Do you want ILS? You want Dual screen for VFR? Why?

You don't have to do the wiring to layout your panel. You do need to take some ownership of the panel and either speak with an avionics shop or descide on a layout and design of Phase 1 and phase 2 that will work for you. Otherwise, I think you are leaving too much discretion and you will not have the perfect panel you want.

Having done all this myself, I suggest you take some time and research and then spec exactly the parts and bid that out for a tested, installed panel. Doesn't matter if Dynon/Advanced, Garmin or whatever.
What do you need for your Lancair Build or maintenance? Talk here.
Paul Miller
LegacyRG

Postby Steve Cantarutti » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Agree with Paul here. Was going to post the same had he not beat me to it.
Would be nice to see and demo all the vendors stuff prior to making that decision.
Sun and fun at the end of March perhaps?
I would call Jesse Saint:
https://www.saintaviation.com/
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A ( 2013 - 2016 )
Steve Cantarutti
235_O320

Postby Jose Santos » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Strangely enough... I got several recommendations from what I imagine are friends or customers from some of these panel builders.

Strangely enough... I didn't get a single quote from any panel builders themselves. :anyone:

I will just do it the old fashioned way...
Jose Santos

Postby Steve Alderman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 pm

I just installed a G3X and a Garmin GNX 375 . I paid a little over 12k at 5% over dealer cost just for the equipment which I bought over 6 months ago. I already had a Tru Trak auto pilot and a garmin GTR 200 radio and a engine monitor system along with a already wired VFR panel system . It took a month to install. This 12k + cost didn't include any other stuff you would need that I already had for a VFR panel that you will need . So when you say you have 15-20 k for an all glass panel with your requirements I say good luck. I think you need to do some more research on just what you are asking this stuff is not cheap and very time consuming.
Steve Alderman

Postby Danny Miller » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:47 am

Jose Santos wrote:Strangely enough... I got several recommendations from what I imagine are friends or customers from some of these panel builders.

Strangely enough... I didn't get a single quote from any panel builders themselves. :anyone:

I will just do it the old fashioned way...

That's because your budget probably wouldn't cover even 1/2 of what you're asking. Seriously, the turn-key panel you're asking for is a pretty tall order on a shoestring budget. If you can do a lot of the installation work yourself, you can probably get most (maybe all) of the (Garmin) glass you want with a harness that's ready to go. But rest assured, there will be a learning curve and a few bugs to work out. The really nice thing is that many of us have already done it so the problems you run into can be resolve right here. And, if we don't have the answers, G3Xperts provide excellent help. I suspect the other avionics companies also have help to complete a panel installation but can't speak for them. Good luck.
Danny
LNC2-II
Aerospace Engineer
EAA Technical Counselor
EAA Flight Advisor
A&P
Old but not bold
Danny Miller

Return to Classifieds