WTB: forward hinged canopy latch system or blue prints

Buy, Sell. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics and things that can be used by others (or if you need specific items). As of April 1, 2018 all Classified are paid listings. There are options for listings on LancairParts.store and LancairsForSale.com depending on parts, aircraft or kits for sale. WTB ads are free. Contact admin for more information.
Forum rules
WTB(Want to Buy) ads are free. WTS(Selling) ads have a fee to support this site. List your kit, plane, parts, tools, jigs, mounts, engines, avionics BUT YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRICE. A fee of 1% of asking price per month applies but that is capped at $25 maximum monthly. Example $300 part is $3. An airplane would be $25.
Contact admin for more information. Make your payment directly using the PayPal button. Thank you!

WTB: forward hinged canopy latch system or blue prints

Postby Douglas McIntosh » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:38 pm

My kit is missing the behind-the-seat canopy latch system, so I am looking for either a set that someone might have available, or the blue prints so I can make a set.

Thanks
Doug
360 mkII - building
Douglas McIntosh
360 Mk II

Re: WTB: forward hinged canopy latch system or blue prints

Postby Adrian Smart » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 am

FM-1100E RvB -01 Latch Assy, Canopy, 320-360.PDF
(113.3 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Q-FH - FWD hinge canopy.pdf
(5.49 MiB) Downloaded 20 times

Canopy aft latch Instructions.pdf
(604.58 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Adrian Smart
360mkII building

Postby Erno Ovari » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 am

Since the latch mechanism locks the torque tube via over center, I found the spring and the hoop obsolete. I am flying without them for 5 years. Saved a 1/4 pound or so. :two:
Erno Ovari

Postby Tristan Gibbs » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:52 pm

I ordered the latching system from the new Lancair a year or so ago in order to convert mine. It was crazy expensive and took quite a while for them to build as per their emails they actually hadn't built those parts before.
Lancair 320 ... was a daily driver ... now either going to be a play toy or sold
Tristan Gibbs

Postby admin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 pm

Douglas McIntosh wrote: or the blue prints so I can make a set.
if you decide to make a part like that, consider making a few extras and selling them here to offset your costs and also to save someone the agony of waiting for a year and a ridiculous invoice. That applies to anything used by Lancair drivers. PM admin for any questions.
admin

Return to Classifieds